In 1888, the remedy against flooding having proved ineffective, the nave floor was
restored to its original level, the ancient paving was taken up and the grave slabs
removed into the tower. "Modern" flooring was laid and contemporary seating substituted
for the high box pews. The north wall of the aisle was rebuilt, a west facing window
made in that wall and the vestry added.
In 1933 the north slope of the chancel was re-roofed. In 1962 the roofs of the nave,
aisle, porch and vestry were stripped and re-tiled and the south side of the chancel
was re-roofed. The two 1877 dormer windows were removed, thus restoring the original
11th century line of the roof. At the same time, the dark Gethsemane window in the
South wall next to the pulpit was removed and replaced with clear glass.
The 15th century porch which for over a century had shown serious settlement was
rebuilt (using the original stones) on a reinforced concrete raft.